The Gifted Kids' Forum! =D
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Gifted Kids' Forum! =D

Future Rulers Of The World!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Get a FREE DomainGet a FREE Domain  

Best Music Instrument in the ELC?

Go down 
+6
Sound of Silence
Person
Reha
Blacklemon67
NotoriousNarutard
Ave H
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

What gets your vote?
Clarinet
Best Music Instrument in the ELC? Vote_lcap50%Best Music Instrument in the ELC? Vote_rcap
 50% [ 5 ]
Flute
Best Music Instrument in the ELC? Vote_lcap20%Best Music Instrument in the ELC? Vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
Trombone
Best Music Instrument in the ELC? Vote_lcap0%Best Music Instrument in the ELC? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Trumpet
Best Music Instrument in the ELC? Vote_lcap0%Best Music Instrument in the ELC? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Saxophone
 0% [ 0 ]
Guitar
Best Music Instrument in the ELC? Vote_lcap10%Best Music Instrument in the ELC? Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Percussion
Best Music Instrument in the ELC? Vote_lcap10%Best Music Instrument in the ELC? Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Other
 10% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Ave H
Admin
Ave H

Male Number of posts : 281
Location : If I told you, I'd have to hire someone to killl you because I'm too lazy to kill you myself.
Registration date : 2008-02-21

Best Music Instrument in the ELC? Empty
PostSubject: Best Music Instrument in the ELC?   Best Music Instrument in the ELC? EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 12:32 pm

What is your instrument of preferance?

Rules:
-No flaming
-No spamming
-Keep it a friendly discussion

Discuss!

Avery out.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Best Music Instrument in the ELC?   Best Music Instrument in the ELC? EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 12:32 pm

hey i already started one

lol
Back to top Go down
Ave H
Admin
Ave H

Location : If I told you, I'd have to hire someone to killl you because I'm too lazy to kill you myself.

PostSubject: Re: Best Music Instrument in the ELC?   Best Music Instrument in the ELC? EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 12:33 pm

Mine looks a bit more professional.

No offense.

Avery Out.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Best Music Instrument in the ELC?   Best Music Instrument in the ELC? EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Keyboard, because it can sound like all the others.
By the way, Im deleting the other one.
Back to top Go down
NotoriousNarutard

NotoriousNarutard

Female Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Best Music Instrument in the ELC?   Best Music Instrument in the ELC? EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 1:33 pm

Flute...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Best Music Instrument in the ELC?   Best Music Instrument in the ELC? EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 1:40 pm

nopey clarinet kills

well actually not really

cuz i have a flute

and its much better than clarinet

wait, this isnt right, i should be on the clarinets side
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Best Music Instrument in the ELC?   Best Music Instrument in the ELC? EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 1:43 pm

If you have a good keyboard, it can sound like any instrument you want.
Back to top Go down
Blacklemon67
Admin
Blacklemon67

Male Number of posts : 264

PostSubject: Re: Best Music Instrument in the ELC?   Best Music Instrument in the ELC? EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 1:44 pm

I voted for flute because it looks easy.
Back to top Go down
Ave H
Admin
Ave H

PostSubject: Re: Best Music Instrument in the ELC?   Best Music Instrument in the ELC? EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 1:45 pm

Keyboard is probably the easiest though.

As Nick said, it can sound like anything.

That's pretty cool.

Avery out.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Best Music Instrument in the ELC?   Best Music Instrument in the ELC? EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 1:47 pm

Actually, to play good you need to set difficulty to EPIC. However, if you can read notes and are good at pressing buttons (video game players), then you can probably play a few songs.
Back to top Go down
Reha

Reha

Female Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: Best Music Instrument in the ELC?   Best Music Instrument in the ELC? EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 2:16 pm

...I can play the violin, so I choose violin Razz
Back to top Go down
Ave H
Admin
Ave H

PostSubject: Re: Best Music Instrument in the ELC?   Best Music Instrument in the ELC? EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 2:17 pm

You play the violin Reha?

I never knew that.

Cool.

Avery Out.
Back to top Go down
Blacklemon67
Admin
Blacklemon67

PostSubject: Re: Best Music Instrument in the ELC?   Best Music Instrument in the ELC? EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 2:17 pm

Cool! The violin!
Back to top Go down
Reha

Reha

PostSubject: Re: Best Music Instrument in the ELC?   Best Music Instrument in the ELC? EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 2:23 pm

lol yes I play violin, but it's more like played now, considering I haven't touched it in over a month. I have better things to do, like play yahtzee!
Back to top Go down
Ave H
Admin
Ave H

PostSubject: Re: Best Music Instrument in the ELC?   Best Music Instrument in the ELC? EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 2:24 pm

Yahtzee > Violin playing.

I actually love the sound of a violin.

It's just incredible.

When played correctly.

Avery Out.
Back to top Go down
Reha

Reha

PostSubject: Re: Best Music Instrument in the ELC?   Best Music Instrument in the ELC? EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 2:28 pm

Hmmm that reminds of last year, whenyou used to do th whole "and this is the world's smallest violin" joke or whatever
...it wasn't all that funny:P
lol sorry this is off topic
Back to top Go down
Blacklemon67
Admin
Blacklemon67

PostSubject: Re: Best Music Instrument in the ELC?   Best Music Instrument in the ELC? EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 2:28 pm

I was about to say...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Best Music Instrument in the ELC?   Best Music Instrument in the ELC? EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 2:29 pm

I used to play violin too.

It got a bit boring so I stopped.

Oh lol that was funny.

Blacklemon67: Next time use proper grammar and don't double post.

Avery: What David said
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Best Music Instrument in the ELC?   Best Music Instrument in the ELC? EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 2:46 pm

If you dont play the violin well, it becomes a weapon. A horrible, horrible weapon.
Back to top Go down
Blacklemon67
Admin
Blacklemon67

PostSubject: Re: Best Music Instrument in the ELC?   Best Music Instrument in the ELC? EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 6:12 pm

Ave H wrote:
Yahtzee > Violin playing.

True say.
Back to top Go down
Person

Person

Number of posts : 36

PostSubject: Well...   Best Music Instrument in the ELC? EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 9:09 pm

I voted for clarinet, by the way. Because it's...a clarinet. and I play it, and it's relatively painless. Now, allow me to do commentary on the other instruments in yet another long, long post of mine.
By the way, just because I lambaste some instruments, doesn't mean they're not without good points. Don't take my comments too seriously.

Clarinet: Relatively painless to play. And it's a nice matte-black finish. However, it gets all spitty and that's just plain disgusting. In addition, you start to have a hard time keeping your lips pressed together for a while. At least it breaks down into five pieces, and has a small case. Good for storage and transport, bad for your time.

Flute: From what I'm seeing, you have to blow A CERTAIN WAY in order to produce a nice, steady tone. Otherwise it jumps octaves. Oh well, at least it sounds nice, unless you blow THE WRONG WAY and then it sounds hollow. Not to mention spit on metal is even worse than spit on wood. But, why, oh why do you only have to break it into TWO pieces and even then it's still small and compact enough to whack people with?

Trombone: You can do a glissando (sort of like sliding your hand across a keyboard) easily. Of course, it's sort of large and unwieldy, and you have to buzz your lips, which I just can't do. And you need a spit valve, no explanation necessary.

Trumpet: Take the trombone, put valves, and you've got a relatively easy instrument, if you can buzz your lips. Also, playing high notes is quite a challenge. Not to mention you just can't really break brass instruments into pieces.

Saxophone: Always going to be related to jazz. Of course, it's sort of like taking a clarinet and a flute and mushing them together, metal but with the characteristics of a clarinet. And as a bonus, you get a satisfying feedback when you push down the keys. Of course it's unwieldy as well, especially with that huge...well, bell at the front of the instrument. Except the soprano sax doesn't have it, but what fun is that?

Guitar: Pretty bada--, if you ask me. Comes in whatever colour you'd like it painted, and I mean whatever. However, it's incredibly hard to lug around, and don't you have to pick the string at exactly the right spot?

Percussion: Easy, unless it's, well, hard. It's great that you control how fast the band plays too. Of course, everybody hates you if you like to change speeds. A huge plus for portability, because no one expects you to lug around a drum set.

Baritone (small tuba which the Gr. 8 band doesn't have): It's huge. And it's brass. And it's low.

Keyboard: You can get away with playing badly, as long as no one really pays attention. In addition, you don't have to carry it around. Besides, at this level it's just pressing buttons. Of course, it gets a lot more complicated when you go into the higher levels (I should know), but isn't that so with every instrument?

Violin: I forgot this one. But...it's made of wood. And it's hollow. Well, it's shiny wood. And there's no spit, it's pretty portable, but it's really fragile, let me tell you that. In addition, you have to bow at the right spot. And you either play well or badly, there's no "average." Because all the audience focuses on is whether your playing sounds like you slaughtering pigs or not.

Right. That's my HUGE post on this. And don't forget that clarinets are the best!

Last edited by Person on Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because there are only 8 kinds of Skittles and I forgot vile Linn.)
Back to top Go down
Sound of Silence

Sound of Silence

Female Number of posts : 32

PostSubject: Re: Best Music Instrument in the ELC?   Best Music Instrument in the ELC? EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 9:16 pm

i love the violin
i wish i could play one
my parents would never get to sleep....
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Best Music Instrument in the ELC?   Best Music Instrument in the ELC? EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 9:59 pm

Um... Andrew. One flaw. Theres only about 8 colors of Skittles. A 10 pound bag would contain, you guessed it, 8 colors.
Back to top Go down
Person

Person

Number of posts : 36

PostSubject: All right.   Best Music Instrument in the ELC? EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 10:57 pm

oops ur dead wrote:
Um... Andrew. One flaw. Theres only about 8 colors of Skittles. A 10 pound bag would contain, you guessed it, 8 colors.
Okay, fixed it. Not quite as entertaining to read now, but at least it's true.
Back to top Go down
-HornsOfAries-

-HornsOfAries-

Male Number of posts : 54

PostSubject: Re: Best Music Instrument in the ELC?   Best Music Instrument in the ELC? EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 6:11 pm

Guitar, because I play it. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Music Instrument in the ELC?   Best Music Instrument in the ELC? Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Music Instrument in the ELC?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next